STRENGTH-BASED CONVERSATIONS – HELPING PEOPLE TO RECOGNISE THEIR STRENGTHS
This is a 1.5 hours FREE online session delivered by Support Staffordshire , working in partnership with Staffordshire County Council.
‘Supportive Communities’ is a programme of work that supports people to live independently, with support from families and communities. It’s about:
- Understanding the needs and priorities of communities.
- Increasing access, use and confidence in voluntary community assets.
- Increasing awareness and use of independent living opportunities.
In this session we will cover:
- Define the Strength-Based Approach.
- Explain the principles of the Strength-Based Approach.
- Identify the advantages and disadvantages of this approach.
- Explore tools and techniques that can be used in a Strengths-Based Approach including asset mapping.
- Examine the resources in your community that can support Strengths-Based working.
- Describe how you would embed a strengths-based approach within your organisation.
Training Certificates will be provided.
Support Staffordshire is partnering with the Social Work Learning Academy (SWLA) to deliver this training. NHS and Staffordshire County Council registration details will be shared with the SWLA as part of our monitoring.