STRENGTH BASED CONVERSATIONS – HELPING PEOPLE TO RECOGNISE THEIR STRENGTHS
‘Supportive Communities’ is a programme of work that supports people to live independently, with support from families and communities. It’s about:
- Understanding the needs and priorities of communities.
- Increasing access, use and confidence in voluntary community assets.
- Increasing awareness and use of independent living opportunities.
In this session we will cover:
- Define the Strength-Based Approach.
- Explain the principles of the Strength-Based Approach.
- Identify the advantages and disadvantages of this approach.
- Explore tools and techniques that can be used in a Strengths-Based Approach including asset mapping.
- Examine the resources in your community that can support Strengths-Based working.
- Describe how you would embed a strengths-based approach within your organisation.
Training Certificates will be provided.