TAMWORTH FOCUS: TRUSTEE ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This training is funded by Tamworth Borough Council UK Shared Prosperity Fund. To access this session you must be a member of Support Staffordshire delivering support/services specifically in the Tamworth locality. We reserve the right to charge you for your ticket if you are not a member, and your organisation does not directly support the Tamworth locality.
FREE places are restricted to TWO per organisation for this session so please check with your organisation before booking. Additional names can be added to a waiting list.
Who should attend:
This session is aimed at new or existing committee members and trustees who would like to know more about their role and responsibilities.
Committees and trustees have specific duties and share ultimate responsibility for how an organisation is managed and run. This introductory session will help both new and existing committee members and trustees focus on what they need to know to manage an organisation well. It is important to be fully aware of the legal implications and responsibilities if something should go wrong.
- The role of a trustee or committee member
- An overview of different legal structures for organisations
- The different roles and skills required on a committee or board
- Overview of a constitution
- Charitable purposes and their importance
- The mechanics of holding effective meetings
Please note the following instructions:
- Handouts and training notes will be issued.
- Please bring your own pens and anything else you might require.
- Car parking is available on site, free of charge.
Do let us know if you have any additional needs we should be aware of.
**Members failure to attend without prior cancellation will result in you being charged the standard half day member rate of £45**.