TAMWORTH FOCUS: CHARITY FINANCE MADE EASY
This training is funded by Tamworth Borough Council UK Shared Prosperity Fund. To access this session you must be a member of Support Staffordshire delivering support/services specifically in the Tamworth locality. We reserve the right to charge you for your ticket if you are not a member, and your organisation does not directly support the Tamworth locality.
FREE places are restricted to TWO per organisation for this session so please check with your organisation before booking. Additional names can be added to a waiting list.
Who should attend:
This training is aimed at Committee members, Trustees, management staff and anyone who has responsibility for the management and monitoring of financial processes within community groups and voluntary organisations in the Tamworth locality.
Not all of us have a head for figures but it is the collective responsibility of those running and working within your organisation to ensure that money is safe, properly used and accounted for. This introduction to finance covers essential information to enable you to do this with confidence.
- Identify policies, procedures and controls relating to finance.
- Discuss the financial responsibilities of the Board.
- Identify the role of Treasurer.
- State the importance of keeping accurate finance records.
- Recognise the difference between restricted and unrestricted funds.
- Discuss financial reporting methods.
Please note the following instructions:
- We will be providing refreshments.
- Handouts and training notes will be issued.
- Car parking is available on site, free of charge.
- Please bring your own pens and anything else you might require.
Do let us know if you have any additional needs we should be aware of.
**Members failure to attend without prior cancellation will result in you being charged the standard half day member rate of £45**.