TAMWORTH FOCUS: WRITING BASIC BUSINESS PLANS
This 2 hour face to face session is aimed at community groups and voluntary organisations delivering in Tamworth.
Who is this for:
The course is for Trustees, staff and volunteers of VCSE delivering in Tamworth who want to explore the benefits of having a business plan.
In order for organisations to be sustainable and to attract funding a business plan is an essential tool as it enables an organisation to be accountable to its members and funders and provide a framework for future planning. This introductory session will help to build an understanding of the business planning framework and the underlying techniques used to meet an organisations aims and objectives.
In this session we will cover:
- The difference between a business plan and a strategic plan.
- Why have a business plan and what are the benefits?
- Understanding the terms, vision, mission and values.
- Different methods of writing a business plan to meet an organisation’s needs.
- Essential components of a business plan.
- How SWOT and PESTLE analysis and risk management support a business plan.
- Examples of different presentations and templates.
- Recognise why editing and proofreading is important.
Please note the following instructions:
- Handouts and training notes will be issued.
- Please bring your own pens and anything else you might require.
- Car parking is available on site, free of charge.
- Do let us know if you have any additional needs we should be aware of.
This training is funded by Tamworth Borough Council UK Shared Prosperity Fund. To access this session you must be a member of Support Staffordshire delivering support/services specifically in the Tamworth locality. We reserve the right to charge you for your ticket if you are not a member, and your organisation does not directly support the Tamworth locality.
FREE places are restricted to TWO per organisation for this session so please check with your organisation before booking. Additional names can be added to a waiting list.
**Members failure to attend without prior cancellation will result in you being charged the standard half day member rate of £30**