TAMWORTH FOCUS: ADULT SAFEGUARDING AWARENESS
This 2 hour face to face session is aimed at community groups and voluntary organisations delivering in Tamworth.
Who should attend:
This session is aimed at individuals who work or volunteer with adults who may be vulnerable to abuse.
This introductory session will provide participants with an understanding of what to look for to safeguard adults from harm, how to recognise abuse, respond effectively and refer appropriately.
- An overview of the legislation relevant to adult safeguarding
- The risks associated with vulnerable adults and how to help lower these risks
- An explanation of 10 types of abuse
- Recognising signs and symptoms of different forms of abuse
- How to deal with a disclosure of abuse
- Referral and reporting procedures – the internal processes and the responsibility of local authorities
Please note the following instructions:
- We will be providing refreshments.
- Handouts and training notes will be issued.
- Please bring your own pens and anything else you might require.
- Car parking is available on site, free of charge.
- Do let us know if you have any additional needs we should be aware of.
This training is funded by Tamworth Borough Council UK Shared Prosperity Fund. To access this session you must be a member of Support Staffordshire delivering support/services specifically in the Tamworth locality. We reserve the right to charge you for your ticket if you are not a member, and your organisation does not directly support the Tamworth locality.
FREE places are restricted to TWO per organisation for this session so please check with your organisation before booking. Additional names can be added to a waiting list.
**Members failure to attend without prior cancellation will result in you being charged the standard half day member rate of £30**