TAMWORTH FOCUS: MENTAL HEALTH AWARENESS
This 3 hour face to face session is aimed at community groups and voluntary organisations delivering in Tamworth.
This workshop aims to equip you with the tools, training and skills you need to provide the ‘eyes and ears’ for partner organisations and identifies a wide range of support and signposting to local people to help them live happier and healthier lives.
In this session we will cover:
- Overview of common mental health issues
- Understanding mental health and wellbeing
- Promoting mental health and wellbeing
- Supporting someone who is struggling
- Barriers to disclosure and how to overcome them
- Signposting to community support and when to seek further help
Please note the following instructions:
- We will be providing refreshments.
- Handouts and training notes will be issued.
- Please bring your own pens and anything else you might require.
- Car parking is available on site, free of charge.
- Do let us know if you have any additional needs we should be aware of.
This training is funded by Tamworth Borough Council UK Shared Prosperity Fund. To access this session you must be a member of Support Staffordshire delivering support/services specifically in the Tamworth locality. We reserve the right to charge you for your ticket if you are not a member, and your organisation does not directly support the Tamworth locality.
FREE places are restricted to TWO per organisation for this session so please check with your organisation before booking. Additional names can be added to a waiting list.
**Members failure to attend without prior cancellation will result in you being charged the standard half day member rate of £30**