THE NEXT STEPS: SAFEGUARDING FOR MANAGERS
Who is this for:
This course is aimed at safeguarding leads or managers of staff or volunteers who work with adults at risk.
The aim of this session is to teach awareness of safeguarding responsibilities including:
- How to identify those at risk
- Principles of information sharing
- The Mental Capacity Act
- How to respond to disclosures and allegations of abuse
- Local authority role and responsibilities including Section 42 enquiries
- The principles of The Care Act 2010 and other relevant legislation
At the end of this course participants will:
- Understand responsibilities around safeguarding as a manager or designated safeguarding officer or lead.
- Understand the principles for making personal and individual safeguarding choices.
- Know how to effectively respond to disclosures or allegations of abuse and neglect.
- Have the confidence to effectively support staff and volunteers.
Cost: £45 for Members | £60 for Non-Members
**PLEASE NOTE THAT TICKETS ARE NON REFUNDABLE**