THE NEXT STEPS: HEALTH AND SAFETY OF PREMISES
Who is this for:
This course is aimed at individuals responsible for health and safety in the workplace and those who manage buildings or rooms. Everyone has a duty of care in the workplace whether they are an employer, employee or a volunteer. This course looks at the legal requirements for community groups, which laws apply to employees and volunteers and what steps can be taken to minimise risks and prevent avoidable accidents to staff, volunteers and the general public.
This course will include:
- Health and safety and the law.
- Practical steps for small groups.
- Policies and risk assessments.
- Control of contractors.
At the end of this course participants will be able to:
- State health and safety at work legislation.
- Describe how the law applies to employees and volunteers.
- Explain how to complete a risk assessment.
- Discuss how to develop relevant policies including fire safety and emergency procedures.
PRICE: £30 MEMBERS / £40 NON MEMBERS
**PLEASE NOTE THAT TICKETS ARE NON REFUNDABLE**