THE RIGHT START: INVOLVING VOLUNTEERS – recruit, retain, reward
FREE for Members | £40 for Non-Members
This training is funded by Staffordshire County Council. To access this session for FREE you must be a member of Support Staffordshire. Support Staffordshire reserves the right to charge you for your booking if you are not a member.
Who should attend:
This session is aimed at both paid staff and volunteers who support other volunteers within an organisation.
Volunteers are a valuable resource providing the backbone of many community organisations, and without whom many groups would not exist. This introductory session is a great place to start learning best practice in recruiting, supporting and retaining volunteers; also offering information and advice on supporting volunteers with additional needs.
- The benefits of volunteering for both individual and organisation.
- Producing an inclusive Volunteer Policy, from recruitment to role descriptions.
- Exploring inclusive Support and Supervision.
- Recognising volunteer contribution and methods of reward in order to retain volunteers.
- Best practice around discrimination and reasonable adjustments.
**Members failure to attend without prior cancellation will result in you being charged the standard member rate of £30**. To avoid being charged you must provide a minimum of two working days’ notice so that your place can be offered to another organisation.**