THE RIGHT START: DEVELOP YOUR BEFRIENDING SKILLS
This training is funded by Staffordshire County Council. To access this session for FREE you must be a member of Support Staffordshire. Support Staffordshire reserves the right to charge you for your booking if you are not a member.
Who should attend:
This course is aimed at staff and volunteers who are providing a befriending service to anyone in the community and wish to gain further knowledge and skills. It is also suitable for managers and supporting staff.
Befriending requires specific skills in order to build professional relationships that are successful and don’t become dependent. This course aims to teach techniques that will enable befrienders to effectively carry out their roles.
- The befriending relationship.
- Holding an effective first meeting.
- Managing expectations in the relationship.
- Boundaries between befriender and the person being supported.
- Listening and empathetic techniques.
- How to end the befriending relationship satisfactorily.
- Identifying the needs and referring to other services.
**Members failure to attend without prior cancellation will result in you being charged the standard member rate of £30**. To avoid being charged you must provide a minimum of two working days’ notice so that your place can be offered to another organisation.**