The Foundation is a small family run charity, set up in Caron’s memory by Gloria Hunniford and her sons Paul and Michael.
Funding is available to small charities in the UK to support all types of cancer causes and aims to help:
- Children and young people
- Other charities or voluntary bodies
- Other defined groups
- The general public/mankind.
The objectives of the Foundations are to:
- Relieve those persons with cancer (in particular but not exclusively those suffering from breast cancer), their families and carers.
- Support the dependents of cancer patients or those that have lost their life to cancer (in particular breast cancer).
- Protect and preserve the health of cancer patients by offering financial support to other cancer charities, complimentary health practitioners, support groups working with cancer patients and to such other groups or persons supporting those suffering from cancer (in particular breast cancer).
- Promote research into the causes and treatment of cancer (in particular breast cancer).
The maximum grant amount is £25,000; however, the majority of grants are between £2,000 and £5,000.
The Foundations makes grants to organisations, provides services and offers advocacy, advice and information.
The Foundation aims to make a difference by funding the following:
- Equipment to aid cancer detection.
- Counselling services.
- Different types of hospice care, both at home and in the Hospice itself.
- Drivers to take cancer patients to and from treatment centres.
- Complementary therapies to help with pain control.
- Bereavement counselling.
- Specialist beds and chairs to give physical relief.
- ‘Syringe drivers’ used for giving pain relief.
Applications can be made at any time and are considered annually.
No application form is available. To apply, applicants should provide the Foundation with the following information:
- The amount of grant requested.
- What the grant will be used for.
- A copy of the organisation’s audited accounts.
- A copy of any pamphlets that the organisation distributes.
Contact the Foundation for further information.