Trustee roles are a very rewarding way of helping charitable groups. Trustees use their valuable life skills to see that the charities stick to their governing principles and do their utmost to ensure their charity meets its’ mission. Volunteer Trustees are the backbone of a charitable organisation and Trustees give their free time selflessly.
Newcastle Community Transport has the following Trustee role available:
Honorary Secretary to The Board of Trustees.
Newcastle Community Transport: Newcastle Community Transport is a small charitable organisation, established in 1974, which provides a door-to-door transport service for people in the Newcastle and surrounding areas who have mobility problems.
The role of the secretary is to support the chair in ensuring the smooth functioning of the Board of Trustees.
The Secretary’s tasks include:
• Ensure Responsible Administration
• To prepare agendas in consultation with the Chair
• To circulate agendas and any supporting papers in good time.
• To receive agenda items from other committee members.
• To check that quorum is present.
• To minute meetings and circulate the draft minutes to all committee members.
• To ensure that the chair signs the minutes once they have been approved.
• To check that committee members and staff have carried out action(s) agreed.
• To circulate agendas and minutes of the annual general meeting (AGM) and any special or extraordinary general meetings.
• To ensure that the charity complies with the requirements of the Charity Commission in terms of registration, reporting, changes to governing documents and directors etc. Make Arrangements for Meetings
• To ensure arrangements for meetings are met (booking the room, arranging for equipment and refreshments, organising facilities for those with special needs, etc). [Post-Covid-19 Restrictions]
They meet several times per year and have an Annual AGM. The meetings are held at Bradwell in early evenings and as such would be ideal even if you have another job. This role would be ideal for a retired professional.
Honorary Secretary: Details For Search – VMS (vcconnectsystem.org.uk)
Friends of The Guildhall Has the Following Trustee Role Available:
TRUSTEE NEEDED FROM December 2023:
Trustees with particular skills are needed. Fundraising and publicity skills are needed at the current time to build the profile and financial base of the organisation. Most meetings take place in The Guildhall in Newcastle and tend to be held early evenings.
This would be ideal for anyone with good accountancy/maths skills and ICT skills would be a very good asset.
Keele Postgraduate Association (KPA).
The KPA is governed by the laws relating to charities and is registered with the Charity Commission as an Unincorporated Charity (charity number: 1143888).
More detail can be found within the KPA Code of Practice.
As a charitable organisation and student union, the KPA has a board of trustees and its’ own governing documents. We also have general meetings to allow our membership to approve our financial accounts and vote on policy.
Keele KPA has the following External Trustee Post Available:
We are recruiting for an External Trustee to join our charity. Keele Postgraduate Association (the KPA) is a registered charity (No. 1143888) and is one of only three known students’ unions in the UK dedicated solely to representing and promoting the interests of postgraduates. More details about our organisation can be found on our website at www.kpa.org.uk This is an exciting opportunity to be involved in nurturing and developing a dynamic charity at a crucial point in its development.
ExternalTrustee : Details For Search – VMS (vcconnectsystem.org.uk)
There are some great video guides here Support for charity trustees (beingacharitytrustee.campaign.gov.uk)
Test your knowledge with a quiz here Trustee Quiz 5 Minute Guides (involve.me)
You can search for Trustee roles in your local area here OpportunitySearch – VMS (vcconnectsystem.org.uk)
If you need more information, please contact Lucy Montgomery (Volunteering 4 All Officer)
Tel: 07709 715 610. Email: [email protected]